Should I hire a solicitor?
It is not compulsory to hire a solicitor if you want to buy property in Turkey, but since it is a lengthy process with a lot of important transactions, a cautious buyer will consult a solicitor who will provide advice on legal, financial and power of attorney matters. Solicitors can also gather information on:
- The official records of properties from TAPU offices;
- company registration records at the Chambers of Commerce
- financial viability of a company
- who owns a particular property
- whether a property has been correctly built with all the necessary licenses.
A good solicitor can do all the necessary searches and make the relevant checks to ensure you are buying property the legal way. It’s worth noting that if you have a good English-speaking solicitor you won’t need to employ a translator.
Legal services in Turkey provide good and comparatively cheap services. Please contact us for a list of reliable and approved solicitors.