Luxury contemporary villa designed to perfection for an exceptional plot near old Sandyma Village in Yalikavak, Bodrum. Ample private plot provides adequate seclusion and privacy whilst optimum elevation assures totally unobstructed and breathtaking views over Yalikavak bays and its new marina, Palmarina Bodrum.
Built on the steps of Yalikavak stone's throw the ancient Sandyma village, this is an exceptional blend of contemporary architecture and traditional stone works. The villa boasts the following features among many other intelligent extras and detail:
- Atrium over the central living room with a warp-around catwalk on the first floor that distributes to the left and right wings of the first floor.
- Front facade with sun-protected re-enforced glass which opens all the way sideways and folds 3 metres inside toward the living room merging part of the central living area with the external pool deck
- State of the art modern kitchen with an superb island in the middle suitable for master chefs and an American Bar to the front of the kitchen separating it neatly from the dining area beyond. All worktops are brushed metal with wooden frames.
- Sunken central living room with fireplace and glass panel stairs providing an excellent decor with under-steps soft lighting
- 4 double bedrooms all en-suite with walk-in dressing room and a Jacuzzi bathroom to the master. There is a ground floor bedroom to the right of the living room, which opens toward the pool area.
- The living room is level with the pool area and provides a seamless flow from internal to external living space.
- 100m2 private infinity pool with exceptionally spacious pool deck
- Seperate guest house under the pool area with its own garden and pergola around 80m2 net living area.
- Covered garage
- Aquarium in the living room built into the separator wall between the entrance landing and the kitchen - also acts as a separator.
The property is all about space and light. The central living room has double height ceiling due to the atrium, which projects the view in front all the way into the house.
From the point of entry to the house the vista in front is your focal point and inspiration. There are no wasted spaces in the house, no corridors, all living areas blend into each other with maximum privacy for bedrooms.
The house is built as 3 cubes joined up together
- The mid section that encompasses the entrance landing, the sunken living room and the atrium above it.
- The left wing on the ground floor is the kitchen to the rear and the dining room to the front. There is open access from the dining room to the central living room yet they are segregated adequately so the dining area can double up as a secondary reception if so desired. The dining area also opens up to the pool deck. On the first floor of the left wing is the massive master bedroom with a front and a rear balcony and walk-in dressing room, Jacuzzi bathroom.
- The right wing are bedrooms. Master ground floor bedroom to the front which opens to the pool deck again with a small balcony that provides privacy and a study/office to the rear. On the first floor of the right wing, there are two further bedrooms, one to the front toward the sea with a lovely balcony and one toward the mountains with its own balcony
External living areas
The villa benefits from a very large and elevated plot. The view is magnificent and so is the natural landscape. We have gone to great extends to design the landscape in such a way that we preserve its natural look and feel with mature trees and rock formations. The garden is not manicured but carefully arranged to include
- An external kitchen with a superb BBQ area. This is designed to the side of the villa with access from the kitchen. There is a picnic area designed to accommodate up to 15 people with a large diner table on natural stone bedding. The shade is provided by a wooden pergola and there are built in seats carved into stones. The external kitchen has necessary utilities for storage of perishables and cooked food.
- To the side of the pool deck there is a panoramic seating area, where up to 10-12 people can enjoy the shade during the day and chill in the evening. This is covered with a pergola.
- Stone steps lead down to the guest house below the infinity pool, where there is a private garden with a shaded seating area. This is also where the covered garage is as well as ample storage and pool machine room.
The plot is surrounded with natural stone walls.
About the location - Sandyma
Sandyma is an old deserted village on the hills of Yalikavak and a heritage area. The village is 5 minutes drive to Yalikavak centre and some 20 minutes from Bodrum Town. Sandyma is about charm and authenticity.
Note Land cost is not included in the price for there are several parcels available with different prices ranging from 1,500m2 to 7,000m2